Wednesday 17 April 2013

I wish I were an iguana!


Ok...We finally arrived at Charles Darwin Research Station.  Long day yesterday and after many buses, dragging suitcases and equipment through the heat we arrived close to the station and park entrance.  Only to find out that EVERYONE is at lunch.  Including the iguanas.

So, while waiting in the sun for the officials to come back and help us with our accommodation (etc.) I snapped a thermal image from the water.

Here is a marine iguana soaking up the sun's rays.  Skin temperatures of 45C.  This is how I will be over the next month.  Scorching and sunburnt!




Blog entries will be sporadic.  I think I managed to upload this image because the whole island just left for lunch and so the internet isn't swamped.

Anyhow!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Would be interesting to see a thermal 'before and after' if possible?

    ReplyDelete