Tuesday 16 April 2013

Arrival in Ecuador!


 Well, the first leg of the trip is over.  We arrived in Guayaquil late Monday evening.  I had no trouble with immigration, although I may have received a marriage proposal from the immigration officer.  Or at least she warned me not to fall in love in (or with?) Ecuador.  



Our taxi driver/hotel seemed to be confused. We booked a hotel at the lovely Guayaquil Suites Hotel.  Always be suspicious about something called ‘suites’.  Lovely place once we arrived (sweating and hauling our equipment laden suitcases), but it looked more like someone’s apartment/spare rooms than a hotel! 

Sorry for no photos.  Internet connection here requires patience, which I seem to lack when the weather is hot and the sweat is pouring off me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment